WOOOBA is on the hunt for a junior to mid-level or intern level iOS and/or Android experienced developer (depending on experience) who is an open communicator, creative thinker and determined problem solver. Also welcome to apply are any UI/UX Designers with native mobile coding and/or frontend developer tendencies.
Join a fun, hardworking, progressive team based in the lovely, green and buzzy Wimbledon area, only 30 minutes door to door from Soho, 20 minutes on the train from Waterloo Station and 45 from Shoreditch, but with much wider, fresher breathing space; we work out of our own, private, chilled, renovated IT shop on the Wimbledon high street, with self raising standup desks, big multiple screens and comfy gaming chairs to work from.
We are unique; a budding global sports brand with our own product, who are also a design and development software house providing tech services for various companies, supporting customers with design, build and operation of digital services (see http://wooobalab.com).
You will be a passionate coder, with evidence to back this up – ideally in the form of a github or other published work. Some of your responsibilities would be:
- Working with large sports organisations for a collaborative grassroots sports rollout to basketball and football/soccer fans.
- Working with lead developer/designers on creating new football and basketball features for iOS and Android app.
- Coming up with new and innovative mobile, blockchains, rewards, sporty participation ideas, features and solutions for software products and refining product requirements, including the use of our own cryptocurrency rewards strategy (WOOOBux… ticker = WBX).
- Designing and building functional user interfaces for desktop and mobile web applications.
- Work closely with clients and partners, to scope, estimate, present, design, develop, deploy and support all projects.
- You will have good to excellent knowledge of Java, Objective C or Swift and have exposure to android or iOS development platforms. You may have some understanding of build systems such as gradle and have used test frameworks such as expresso, appium or calabash.
- Experience in native or hybrid mobil app development (preferably Android/Java)
- Any desire, experience or relentless curiosity in frontend frameworks (i.e. Vue.js, React/ReactNative or Angular 3 to 7) or backend frameworks (i.e. Larvavel, Symfony…)
- Any background or experience in graphic design (specifically UI and UX Design)
- Blockchain, Cryptocurrency or ML/AI (any snippets of your creative ideas around the use of the above for helping make sport more fun and accessible for people of all abilities)
If you are interested in joining a social sports technology brand with global goals of helping the whole world play more sports, we offer a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with some of the latest technologies, exciting partners/clients and globally connected investors. We offer our full-time teammates who have earned their place in grassroots social sports history with us;
- Share Options (stay with us and own a piece of the dream)
- Annual bonus program
- Accelerated salary forecast (salary increased based on total revenue)
- Cryptocurrency Rewards (see http://wooobalab.com/wooobux)
- Standing/Sitting electric desks
- Spontaneous WOOOBA lunches (eat.design.develop)
- Fresh fruit and water on hand
- Global circle of amazing advisors, investors and friends, at your service.
- Potential to work in the USA, China or Europe, as we grow.
Let’s see if you are The One; let’s please have a chat!
Gracias and thanks so much.
Please ping your CV/portfolio/preferred tech stack to: email@example.com